Military College Grants

Military college grants are a type of federal grant that are offered to veterans of the United States Armed Forces and their spouses. Service men and women often forgo college right out of high school in order to enlist in the armed forces and serve our country. As a result of their tremendous sacrifice, a number of military college grants are offered to help military veterans and their spouses pay for school after military duty is fulfilled. Military grants are typically provided by:

  • The federal government
  • State governments
  • Private foundations devoted to armed forces veterans

Army Grants for College

The United State Army offers the Spouse Education Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP is a grant for the spouses of service members who are serving in Europe, Korea, Japan, or elsewhere abroad. The EAP has a maximum monetary award of approximately $350 per term.

Navy Grants for College

The Spouse Tuition Aid Program (STAP) is a grant offered to spouses of service members serving overseas in the Navy. Qualifying students can be enrolled in school either part time or full time and can be working towards a degree or a vocational certificate. The undergraduate STAP grant ranges from $300 per semester and $1500 per year. The graduate STAP grant ranges from $350 per semester and $1750 per year.

Air Force Grants for College

The General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant Program assists children spouses of active, retired or deceased Air Force service members. Qualifying students generally receive a monetary award of around $2000. This grant, unlike many of the other military grants available to spouses, is based upon financial need.

Marine Grants for College

The Admiral Mike Boorda Seaman-to-Admiral Educational Assistance Program offers grants of up to $2,000 per year for active-duty service members and their spouses who receive acceptance into certain programs within the Marines.

Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

In addition, with hundreds of thousands of service men and women serving in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant is available to any student who is not eligible for a Pell Grant but whose parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and died as a result of service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after September 11, 2001.

State and Foundation Military Grants for College

In addition to the federal military grants listed above, there are numerous military grants for college which are provided by state governments and private foundations around the country. Examples of state military grants for college include:

  • The Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program awards up to $1000 each year to undergraduate and graduate students who are members of Alabama National Guard.
  • The Illinois National Guard Grant Program awards $1300 to $1700 to undergraduate and graduate students who are members of Illinois National Guard.
  • The Illinois Veteran Grant Program awards $1400 to $1600 each year to veteran undergraduate and graduate students attending Illinois colleges.
  • The United States Bacak Academy Class of 1963 Foundation Grant awards $1000 to $4000 each year to undergraduate and graduate students who are dependents of veteran of Naval Academy Class of 1963.

So if you are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces or a spouse of a service member, let EducationGrantsForSchool help you find military grants to help pay for your college education.

EducationGrants for school

Whether you’re on your way to school for the first time or thinking about finishing up a degree you should explore your options when it comes to obtaining Grants for School.

Use our FREE Custom Search Tool & see what you qualify for: